Monday, October 31, 2016

Focus on where you are Going

About 6 months ago I saw what the end of my life... looks like.  When I first go to tell people this, I see their face in shock, with an "Oh my God" expression.  And "Oh my God YES... it is great."

I can't tell you exactly how I will die, I can only tell you that there is a great group of Ascended Masters and Angels around me which appear to be saying something along the lines of "Congratulations you made it."  There are no actual words in the scene there is only a sense of feeling so incredibly happy and at peace.

----------

A few years back I came across the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda who's message is to help all souls see that we are here to self-realize.  To me that means a true returning to God, not in any kind of religious fanatical way... To me it is a peace and balance that yes I am living in this world but it is not my true home.  Hence this may be some of my motivation to travel b/c on some level none of this really feels familiar or permanent, and that is ok.

When you start to get it... that this lifetime is only a short journey, then the little things, the worries and the doubts, and the attachments both to things and people begin to fall away and that is ok too.  I believe love always remains as the only permanence.  Love is not physical, it cannot be boxed or weighed, counted or destroyed it just IS.



So my path --  is to know who I am by having a beautiful relationship with God, whom I include in my daily thoughts and conversations.  

I have often heard this statement that as you progress on the spiritual path, you grow and become stronger and your challenges get bigger.  This is only true to a point and then things become so much easier.  I would say the biggest one comes when you are asked to look at your attachments.  Us humans can be so obsessive of our things and people in our lives.  So the good news is that now you know what you have to let go of to be truly happy.  And that begins with letting the past go and wiping the slate clean.

I was at the Lake Shrine Temple Grounds the other day in deep contemplation - looking out at the beautiful lake while doing a letting go ceremony from my past.  And as I turned to walk away this man who had just passed me from behind turned towards me and our eyes connected.  I did one of those things in my head thinking, "are you looking at me?"  And then very slowly he began to walk towards me.  As he got closer to me I asked him, "do you have something to tell me?"

And he said "Yes" 


His words still resonate in my heart and I found them to be so profound and timely because only a few minutes before that encounter I had picked up one of Paramahansa Yogananda's books called: HOW YOU CAN TALK WITH GOD.  I knew this man was a direct messenger from God to me.

The man proceeded to say to me, "You are in the right place, you are just looking in the wrong direction."  He pointed out to me that if I would have just turned around I would have seen this sign.

I smiled at the man and thanked and told him that I was actually very familiar with these grounds and I had seen the sign.  But then before brushing him off I realized that he had a very strong point for my life, and that was I was looking at my past when I could be looking at my present and even my future.  As a tear of happiness came to my eye, I knew in that moment that the actual presence of God was calling me forth.

-----

The Sunday previous to this encounter I had picked 2 cards for a client and what came up was: FOCUS & DETERMINATION.

 

When I got to the SRF morning service, these two words were shared by the minister.  You have to know where you are going in life.  No more of this wishful thinking that does not sustain us.  Whatever you are doing - do it with conviction, with passion, with wholeheartedness and you will get there by way of Focus and Determination. 

I think why people don't get what they say they want is because they don't really want it - meaning their higher self actually knows better.  From my experience the path of self-realization and union with the divine has been the most soul fulfilling and I am here to say it does get easier.

Trust that you can let go of all your worldly attachments and that you will be ok.  The fear is that you won't be ok, but let me tell you when you get to the level of actually truly being able to do it - the stuff in your life will no longer have a hold on you.

Peace, Peace, Peace ~ I am the Happy Pilgrim ~







No comments:

Post a Comment