Monday, May 8, 2017

How does "CHANGE" make you feel?

As many of you know changing environments is something I do quite frequently. Someone asked me recently what is your constant to this I replied 'change' is my constant. 

When you think about it we are always changing, transforming, growing, letting go and bringing in. Have you ever asked yourself how does that make you feel.  Does it create worry or fear of uncertainty or is it exciting and adventurous?  Are you walking in this world with a; go with the flow mentality?

When I first began my journey back in 2000 on a backpacking trip through Australia... I didn't know why I was going there only that I needed a change from my way of being in the world.  At the time making loads of money and working long hours coming home exhausted.

That trip was the beginning of an initiation to what I am doing now 17 years later.  Any new journey takes courage, strength, devotion and commitment.  All of these traits harmoniously mixed together allows you to take the next step without knowing where or what will come forth.  And from my experience when you do jump... in to living the life you have only imagined... you will receive many signs along the way that will confirm your path.

Like this one I found on the sidewalk, while walking towards Venice Beach to go share my music of the harp.


Or these ones


.
We are given all the traits we need to live a beautifully fulfilling life.  All we have to do is foster them through dedicated practice and they will not go to waste.  

I have discovered that singing your dream, or painting your dream is a way to bring it forth more quickly.  When you get the calling to follow your bliss - time has no bearing any more - it is simply about moving in that direction.  Don't let the fears of uncertainty limit your progression.

Just before I packed all of my belongings in my car and left the room I was renting and steady work as a Massage Therapist in a L.A. spa, I got really sick.  I woke up one morning in a sweat and panic thinking I should postpone my plans of going on the road as a traveling healer.  My thoughts: "I should wait, I should save up more money, more resources, more..."




Let me tell you there are a million excuses of why you shouldn't and sometimes only a few of why you should.  It is up to you to discern what is most important, but I encourage you to not let fear get in your way.  I am reminded of a great expression that has lingered with me over the years.  It was from a workshop about being an urban pilgrim, and it goes like this....


"Feel the fear... and do it anyway."

I am a living example of the pilgrim who has taken the leap.  May my soulful journey through this life be an inspiration to what you are here to do.  

As an official 'homeless' being I now fall into the category of being able to bless all those I meet. Many years ago I studied with a wise sage and he shared with me that the role of a homeless person, a monk or a guru is to bless those who come to them.  My needs are few, and so I have less worries, meaning more time to give blessings and support to others!

First week on the road I have met the most amazing people - been given food, and a place to stay each night.


 Alexandra & Nicky came to play my harp in the park 1st day

 Nicky, Sedonah, Alexandra

 Sedonah & Leah Milan L.A. (my 1st overnight host)

Tony Miano L.A. (another host & bonsai gardener) & Sedonah


The ever unfolding Journey of Life



3 comments:

  1. You're a blessing, Sedonah! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journey is ongoing, may your light touch everyone with healing love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share to inspire. It is a part of my soul make up to give back what I am learning & encourage all to live the life they came here to live.

    ReplyDelete