Thursday, December 28, 2017

Mistakes can lead to really Good things

It is December 28th, 2017 and 3 hours from my birthday which is tomorrow.  So to honor one of the things I love to do, I am baking peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  For me there is something magical and I guess you could say alchemical about baking.  -- In a very short time frame you get to take single substances, combine them together and create something new and wonderful. 

It's also kind of like the world, many individual's walking the planet, and when you put us altogether we can, if we choose... create something really quite wonderful.

Alchemical meaning in Dictionary: any seemingly magical process of transforming or combining elements into something new 




The story I am about to tell you took place around 33 years ago when I was a young girl. The pic below shows me around that time frame.  Back then I was incredibly shy, and very much introverted. But something happened that cracked me open... just a little. 

My Grandma, Me (Sedonah) and My Sister

One particular day while my parents were out I decided I was going to surprise them all and make my favorite; peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  So I got out all the ingredients, the flour, baking soda, eggs, P.B. butter, sugar, vanilla.

As I went down the recipe book list I added all the ingredients one by one - 1 cup P.B, 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup vanilla.  The batter looked a little different than usual quite liquid-like but I continued mixing away, feeling so proud of my surprise for my family.  

I put them in the oven and baked them up.  When my family returned home I shared my joy.  "Look what I did," feeling very proud of myself.  I remember my father who also has a very strong sweet tooth, taking a bite.  And then immediately saying, "yuck, these taste terrible."

I slumped in my seat.  He asked me what I did and I showed him the recipe book which I thought, I had followed very diligently.  1 cup P.B, 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup vanilla..... 1 cup vanilla... oops it had said.... 1 tsp vanilla!!!!! 

I was so distraught I ran to my room crying... for one I was really looking forward to eating the cookies and two I was so embarrassed of my mistake.  My father tried to console me but it didn't work, I was too upset.

-------------

Now why I call this article "Mistakes can lead to really Good Things.... "

.... is because several months later I was sitting in class and my 6th grade teacher gave us an assignment.  The assignment was to write a 3 minute speech on a topic of our choice and then present it to the class.  Now being the incredibly shy kid that I was, this task had me shaking in my seat.  I could hardly handle having the teacher ask me a question in class, never mind getting up in front of all my fellow students. This was just too much.

I went home in terror.  I sat starring at a blank piece of paper not knowing what to write.  Then it dawned on me I could tell the story of my baking fiasco, which I had now healed from.  As I wrote the story I really got into it.  And by the end of it, I could see all the humor in the whole event.

Then the doom day arrived, it was time to present it.  I was shaking in my skin, I could barely feel my legs as I walked up to the front of the class.  And then something took over, call it angel intervention... and the words came out of my mouth.  It was flowing, I had the classes full attention and when all the funny parts came in, everyone laughed at just the right time.  I was smiling inside.  It was a hit..., I was a hit.... I had broken through my fear of speaking in class and with great success.  I felt a wave of acceptance from all of my class mates.

I ended up winning 1st place in the class competition and went on to speak at the provincial championship "Concours D'Art Oratoire"  I didn't win at that level but I wasn't bothered by that as I had made it there... and to me that was a huge success!!


So I ask you this, "Are there mistakes..., or are these so called 'mistakes' really opportunities for your future success.  

In a few days we come into 2018.... what will you create this year?  How will you turn everything you touch into a magical alchemical experience?

I am a really great manifestor, not because I think I am... rather because my huge list of miraculous stories are proof enough of the power we all have.

If you want to create something in your life don't just think it.... you have got to EMBODY THE DREAM, so I encourage you to draw it, write it, paint it, sing it, dance it, and then..... live it.

Most of all... have fun... all.... along... the way!!


SAT NAM - honor your true nature and you will always be guided to your next greatest opportunity and success.

Love you all,

Sedonah Sunn



MISSION: to INSPIRE & EMPOWER people everywhere!


Soul Readings and Healing's by phone & in person.
(928)-821-4144
35 years later from above pic of me as a young girl
Happily going out in public playing my music.




6 comments:

  1. A most wonderful story about bringing failure to success even though it wasn't failure to begin with. Thank you , dear one for your inspiration to create transformations in our lives. And a blessed happy birthday with continued gifts abounding in your life and to those surrounding you. Love, roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Story - There is a new movie out about PT Barnum and how he embodied the honoring of our true nature. It is one of the best movies I have seen for a long time. Happy Birthday delightful one. - Russell in Ojai - untouched by the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this story Sedonah. What a wonderful perspective you were able to take even as a child to see the flip side of a "mistake". Thank you for sharing this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to write and share what I see in the world and happy you were touched by the story. :)

      I didn't see your name come up when you left the response, may I ask who is this?

      Delete
  4. Great story! I didn't read this until now, I wanted to wait until I was in the right state of mind. I'm glad I did, I was in the right place to really hear it.
    Thank you for sharing your story. -Bil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Bil, glad you enjoyed it. I write from my heart, I write to inspire and sometimes the stories come from what I call the personal mistakes I have made... or like the story goes perhaps they really aren't mistakes, rather opportunities!!

      Delete