Thursday, February 9, 2017

How I Became a Psychic

My journey began long ago in the year 2000.  I had been working in the film industry as a costume assistant to the stars.  I really enjoyed my work.  It was a dynamic and creative field and I was paid royally for what I did.  As a young woman in my mid twenties making $60,000- $70,000 a year was a lot of money.  Needless to say it felt like something was missing in my life.  A purpose which I must have buried in childhood was beginning to emerge.  There was a desire to be of greater service, a yearning to help others in a more meaningful way. 

As I began to ponder about my life choices I became fascinated with Australia.  I decided to take the $10,000 I had saved in the bank and go on a 4 month adventure.  I got a visa to travel, a plane ticket and a round trip bus pass across the outback.  Within 6 weeks of that initial thought, I was in the air flying across many oceans to my intended destination.  Little did I know it was to be an opening for my spiritual progression.  


Google Images

Shortly after my arrival into Aussie land, I found myself in a small used bookstore where I was drawn to "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying."  The only other spiritual book I had read previous to that was "Conversations with God," which was an eye opener for the thought that you could actually talk to God and he would talk back.  

If you asked me to tell you what this Tibetan book of living and dying was about now, I can't remember much.  One story that has lingered with me over the years was about a person who was dying.  The author made it abundantly clear that the grief and mourning we feel when someone is transitioning creates great suffering for the departing soul, and that death was not something to fear, but something to celebrate.  

All in all my trip was eye opener for my spiritual wonderment.  As fun as travel can be for an adventurous spirit as I am, new territory can elicit a fear of the unknown.  When you choose to walk in a shamanic path these fears must be faced, healed and released.  From diving into the process of death though an author's eyes, to camping in the outback in large army like tents where we were advised to check our sleeping bags for scorpions before settling in for a long night sleep, to being caught in an ocean rip tide and learning how to swim out of it, to sky diving over the Gold Coast and finally to taking my first introduction to the healing arts through a weekend massage course - my life had been substantially transformed for the better.  I came home inspired.  My life was moving in a direction that was now being soul driven.  I returned to Toronto, Canada and within the next 6 months changed careers and enrolled in a 2 year massage therapy program.


I had faced the fear of bodily death many times over while in Australia.  I had found the courage to return to school but it was not until I graduated and began my practice that a new fear began to surface.   

What had been a challenge for me in this lifetime was stepping into who I am with full power and conviction.  Claiming my gifts in a world where being a psychic or healer was not always looked upon as a legitimate profession was a scary thought when I felt so alone. Getting my Massage License and having a piece of paper that said I was now deemed reputable didn't mean a thing when my psyche had been deeply wounded as a child. The fear of stepping into my power came from having had my boundaries crossed at a very young age. 

When the parent-child relationship is interlaced with manipulation one becomes easily convinced to act the way others want you to.  There is no room for autonomy, because if you assert your will you risk getting in trouble, being ostracized or even hurt.  If not strong enough you start to believe the authority figure is right and you lose all sense of what is truly your beliefs and values.  Later in life when the mind develops from the childlike state into the adult mind there can be a feeling of trepidation in one's actions.  The child not feeling safe does not learn to trust and so the adult mind has no framework for trusting it's own self even when the abuser is no longer in the picture.  Sometimes even the simplest of triggers will initiate a memory from the past.  The adult although fully grown, can be thrown back into the fear state of the 5 year old mind again, even though there is no imminent danger lurking or tangible fear.    

Now there are always 2 sides to every situation - the negative and the positive.  So what is the positive of having had my boundaries crossed.  It taught me how to come out of my body.  What I mean by this is when I was less identified with actually being in my body then I could venture into the spiritual realm, into God consciousness.  From my experience the ability to relate and communicate with someone on a deep level is found when there is a common ground experience, for example when you have, "walked in a similar path."  God does not have a body and so to understand God as light - I was given the experience to become the light, the word, the inspiration, the wisdom.

This is how my relationship with God/ The Great Creator was initiated.  And thank God for my spiritual strength because when I would find myself feeling less than, as would surface every so often, I was always reminded that inside of me there is a flame of light that continues to shine through.  It is that light that led me to realizing my psychic abilities.




The next part of my becoming a "Psychic" was realizing that I was an empath.  Once you learn how to step out of your body, you learn how to empath.  When you are self-absorbed you cannot feel outside yourself.  My strong desire to help people, propelled me to understand 'empathing.'  This is not something I learned in a book, although you can read about the topic, yet you won't fully understand it... until you experience it.  An empath can sense other people's feelings without having to ask.    

You can always check in with the person to see if it is truly how they are feeling but sometimes people don't even know how they are feeling.  The other thing you can do is when you notice that you are in one particular mood, and you have a sudden change in feeling, as yourself (for example) "Is there any reason why I would feel sad at this moment?" If there is no reason, than you are empathing someone else and it doesn't have to be someone in the room with you, it could be someone far away.  

Some people become very disturbed by this process, and at times I admit, I still struggle with it myself.  Over the years it has become clearer and when I get strong feelings I will often see a picture of the person in my mind of hear their name. 

It is a merging of energies and so the challenge is to remember to disentangle & to clear yourself.  We all learned how to keep our physical bodies clean, brush our teeth, wash our hair but what about our energy?  Well the same is true... you have to keep it clear to stay on track.  Empathing is a gift that all people can awaken if you so choose.  When you start questioning your life purpose this aspect usually opens.  This is how I tapped into becoming a psychic.  From the point where I first expressed to God: "it is my desire to be of service," my life was now following a course of events that could not be changed.  So I say this with a smile... "be careful what you ask for because you are very likely going to get it!!"

The story of how I actually got to sitting in an office working as a psychic is actually quite funny.  I had just gone through an incredibly emotional upheaval of memories from my past with a shaman in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  It was such a rough ride I left shortly after, moving to new scenery soothed my soul.  I was on a road trip destined for California where I had previously lived for many years.  I thought I would take a 2 night healing sojourn in Sedona, AZ.  Two nights turned into 2 years.  I fell in love with the land and I was hooked.



I needed work and so began looking for prospective jobs.  I saw a posting at the Center for The New Age, that read: Psychic Needed.  I thought well I am no psychic but that sounds up my alley as I had been a healer for over 11 years.  I told my roommate I was going for an interview the next day and he asked me what kind of psychic readings I did.  I told him I wasn't a psychic.  He responded back: "Well if you want the job you better start acting like one!"  Good wisdom I thought coming from a self-assured young man 20 years younger than I.

The next day I put on some fun jewelry, a gypsy skirt and headed down to the interview.  It was not much of an interview, she showed me the room, quoted me the rental price and said it's yours if you want it.  Wow I thought my own office.  She gave me the option to work off my rent without having to put anything down.  I went home slept on it and the next day took the office.





A bit of paint and some of my art decor and it was ready... but was I?  All I knew about being a psychic was that they told you your future and I didn't know if I could do that.  So I didn't do what I had heard or read about, I did... what I felt.  People came, and they just kept coming day after day from all over the country and the world.  The more people came to see me... the more I came to see.  I could see their wounds, their stories, their trepidations and their ASPIRATIONS.  Without telling them what to do, I just started asking them questions.  These heart felt questions helped them come to feel their own feelings more clearly.  I called myself: "The Empowerment Psychic" because I believed mostly in empowering people that they could do - as I had done - find their truth and stand in it.  

I thought I wasn't a psychic but I discovered I was one all along. Living in Sedona and being surrounded by so many other psychics had shown me that I had found others like me.  I wasn't alone in the world.  The bigger reflection for me came when I left Sedona and returned to Los Angeles, California, my birth place.  Now living in the chaos of traffic, noise, pollution and people rushing to get everywhere I could see even more.  I had to be even more diligent about staying clear in myself and not getting swallowed up into this pool of busyness.  The ocean was my saving grace.




I can best describe my path as a psychic and healer as this: Most days are really easy and fun and fewer and fewer days hurt like hell and challenge me to tears.  So the progression of doing one's work definitely pays off.  To truly walk the path of healer one must continually be looking at oneself and clearing one's wounds, so that we can bask in the glory of this exceptionally beautiful life. 

One thing I know for sure is that when I have a session with a client I am crystal clear.  I know this in comparison to when I first begun back in 2004.  In the beginning of my career as a healer offering massage I gave away my energy and therefore the fields became mixed.  Now I work with 4 Arch Angels.  With them by my side, I can channel the highest form of wisdom for what my clients most need.  Years of meditation, lots of time spent in nature & small town living has shaped who I am today.  

I know that my energy field is pure and I have heard this from many people: I an incredible lightness, a loving heart, a gentle soul and a keen sense of how to create magical manifestations by being aware of the wonderful symbols & messages that are right in front of me.  Every one can master their intuitive gifts simply by being present with themselves.

It is my calling to guide people where they are, with whatever is showing up in their life.  For some people they need regular care for an extended period of time, for others a monthly check in is all that is required, to keep their head up and their focus strong. In any case whenever you need a soul re-alignment, a chakra/body balancing or a grounded reality wake-up call, you are welcome to reach out by phone or email. 

PH: (928)-821-4144    and we can set up a time to connect by PHONE. 
EMAIL: sedonahsunn@gmail.com


Until my next blog posting - stay light and stay connected to the divinity that you are.

Blessings,

Sedonah Sunn



2 comments:

  1. A great story of the power a d desire to serve an heal others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a courageous journey! I am humbled to know you Sedonah. Often thinking of you.
    You are what we all are meant to be.
    Light and love,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete